NATIONAL GALA ENTRY PROCEDURES by Clubs
- All gala invites and rules and regulations will be forwarded to all clubs on receipt from Data Processor throughout the season
- Data Processor will submit closing dates for Limpopo
- Entries preferably to be done on TM and exported zip file forwarded to DP before closing date accompanied by PDF file with entries
- Entry fees to be paid with entries into Limpopo Swimming Account (not individually)
- DP then to process, and time permitting submit for final check before submitting to SSA
- Treasurer to then pay SSA
- All other rules as per circular received from SSA, i.e. late entries etc.
SELECTION OF LIMPOPO TEAMS
LIMPOPO SELECTION PROCESS
Selection committee consists of Coach Rep (Limpopo Executive) and 1 other coach, data processor.
The selection of Limpopo teams is based on times achieved by swimmers during the current season only. Should the selectors feel that a swimmer will not be able to repeat a time/times previously achieved for any reason such as illness, injury, lack of training, etc. that swimmer may be requested to undergo a time trial or perform satisfactorily at a specific gala/s before being considered for selection.
A team manager, coach and chaperone will be selected for each Inter Provincial gala. – LP to relook this ruling
In order for a swimmer to be eligible for selection as a member of the Limpopo team to compete at the SA National Championships, that swimmer must have achieved:
At least one qualifying time during the season i.e. As from 1 May in specific year, or at discretion of selection committee.
Regular participation in inter-provincials and galas with satisfactory performance throughout the season.
It could happen that a team is selected to represent Limpopo on a Sunday or any other religious holiday. Limpopo recognises the religious beliefs of individuals and a swimmer selected for such a team has the right to withdraw and under no circumstances will it be held against him/her for future selection. Note, however, that swimmers will only be awarded colours for galas swum.
A swimmer wishing to withdraw from a Limpopo team without a written notification that is acceptable by Limpopo, may result in that swimmer not being selected for future Limpopo teams. NB. Any officially selected swimmer withdrawing from a team without a written notification that is accepted by Limpopo, may not be considered for selection of the following Inter Provincial gala.
A swimmer who knows that he/she will not be available for selection to a particular gala must notify the Selectors in writing three (3) weeks prior to the competition.
A swimmer must be prepared to submit to medical and doping control tests when required to do so.
A swimmer must submit written reports on performance, training schedules, health and fitness, when requested to do so.